Training & Development
February 3, 2018, 9:00 AM until 12:00 PM
650 Warrenville Road
Join us for an inspiring morning discussing Rotary Global Grants and how we can Make A Difference Together!
It will be an opportunity for Rotarians to learn what’s going on with humanitarian Global Grants in the District and how they are Making a Difference in people’s lives all around the world. It will also be an opportunity to exchange ideas and learn how to get involved, or to recruit participants to your Club's Global Grant.
We invite global grant teams, clubs interested in funding global grants, international service committee members, foundation chairs, club officers, district leaders and ANYONE who wants to Make a Difference Together to participate. EVERYONE is invited!
1. Welcome from District Leadership
2. Impact Stories from Global Grant Teams working in Mexico, Haiti, Nigeria, Lithuania, Chicago
3. Global Grant Training Seminar
4. Panel Discussion with Osei David Andrews-Hutchinson, Pedro Cevallos, Bruce George, Marga
Hewko, Pat Merryweather, Chuck Newman
* Key Learnings & Best Practices
* Community Needs Assessments
* "Reverse" Grants
* Vocational Training Teams
* Rotary Community Corps
5. Shark Tank for Teams Developing Global Grants
* 5-minute opportunity to pitch their grant to potential funders and collaborators
* Constructive feedback will also be provided
* $1000 District Designated Funds (DDF) bonus will be awarded to each grant pitched.
(DDF will be 100% matched by the World Fund)
(PLEASE NOTIFY RACHEL OSSYRA IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO PITCH YOUR GRANT)
6. Call to Action